Personal Information Protection Policy
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) strives to conduct the safe and appropriate protection of personal information handled in accordance with the below policy.
1. Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Other Rules in Relation to the Handling of Personal Information
When conducting business, JNTO complies with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Independent Administrative Agencies, etc." (hereinafter referred to as the "Law",) as well as other related laws, regulations and other rules.
2. Rules Concerning the Handling of Personal Information
- 1. Collection of Personal Information
- The collection of personal information will be conducted via appropriate means and in a manner which entails the clarification of the purpose of use thereof to the individual to whom said information pertains.
- 2. Usage of Personal Information
- The usage and retaining of personal information will be conducted within the scope of the purpose of use.
- 3. Provision of Personal Information
- Personal information will not be provided to any third parties except in cases where it is required by law or where the consent of the individual to whom said information pertains has been obtained.
- 4. Management of Personal Information
- JNTO will strive toward the safe management of personal information which serves to facilitate the prevention of occurrences such as its loss, alteration and leakage.
3. Establishment of a Personal Information Protection Framework
JNTO has the following framework in place which serves to facilitate the protection and management of personal information.
JNTO strives to improve its framework for the protection of personal information and has set up a Personal Information Protection Management Committee at the organization.
JNTO has formulated documents outlining personal information countermeasures (such as more specific rules and manuals) alongside the establishment of Rules Concerning the Protection of Personal Information.
JNTO conducts educational programs and training for employees and executives when it comes to the personal information protection management.
Contact for Inquiries
General Affairs & Public Relations Group at the General Administration Department